måndag 14 juli 2014

Shikoku: first impressions

So, I'm finally in Shikoku. This is where I wanted to go for the last few days, but that typhoon held me up on the mainland. At least I'll have a few days on this island before returning to the inland mountains.

Because of the shortened timespan, I already know I can only reasonably find time for eastern Shikoku: western Shikoku and Matsuyama will have to wait until another time. Instead I plan for two days with Tokushima (east) as base, and then two tays with Takamatsu (north) as base.

Initially, Tokushima made quite and impression on me. A small town by Japanese standards, and very nice.

 I went out to Bandou to try to find the path of the five first temples. I found Ryozen-ji, the first.



 And the second, Gokuraku-ji.

 By now the rain was so heavy I was despairing of continuing. Still, I went on, but took a wrong turn.

 I found this small, seemingly abandoned temple.


With that, I had had enough and went back to Tokushima.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar