torsdag 9 juli 2015

The DMZ

Wednesday the 8th I went to the DMZ (demilitarized zone).

The DMZ is a remnant of the Korean War, basically the line where the opposing forces stood when the armistice was signed in 1953. It is apparently the most heavily militarized area in the world (kind of an ironic name). Foreigners like me can book trips to the DMZ (which I did obviously). Ordinary Koreans usually can't, except through school trips and such.


This is the Joint Security Area, where North and South meet. The guys in the picture are South Korean soldiers. 

The microphones on this table, which is inside the blue house on the left in the previous picture, demarcate the border between north and south. So yes, I was in North Korea.

Me at checkpoint 3, with North Korea in the background.

There was an infiltration tunnel we went into too. Unfortunately, pictures were not allowd, but I got this map of it at least!

And some random pics of North Korea:

Now, I'm going to Japan. See you (maybe) on the other side!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar